Best Universities To Study Mathematics In Canada-If you are reading this article right now it is clear that you are looking for to apply in one of the best universities offering mathematics in Canada and you have found the right article for the job as we will be listing out all the universities in Canada where you can study mathematics and we will also make the job easier for you by also listing out all the best universities in Canada where you can also study mathematics in Canada.
Canada is a very good place to pursue your career in as it also happens to be the home of some of the top best universities in the world. The educational standard Canadian universities offer can also be compared to that of the United States of America, United Kingdom and Australia.
Studying in Canada also add to your chances of getting a well-paid job after completing your study programs and this is made possible because there are a lot of job opportunities and vacancies in big companies waiting for works due to labour shortage. Canada also adds to your chances of getting a permanent residence status are an international student after graduation.
Now in seeing all we have spoken about schooling in Canada you now see that pursuing your career to study mathematics in Canada is a decision you will never regret in your life that you took. Canada is the home of many universities and colleges both private and public which we will be listing here in this article.
With no other thing to say, let’s proceed…
What Is Mathematics?
According to Wikipedia, Mathematics is an area of knowledge that includes such topics as numbers (arithmetic and number theory), formulas and related structures (algebra), shapes and the spaces in which they are contained (geometry), and quantities and their changes (calculus and analysis). Most mathematical activity involves the use of pure reason to discover or prove the properties of abstract objects, which consist of either abstractions from nature or—in modern mathematics—entities that are stipulated with certain properties, called axioms. A mathematical proof consists of a succession of applications of some deductive rules to already known results, including previously proved theorems, axioms and (in case of abstraction from nature) some basic properties that are considered as true starting points of the theory under consideration.
Importance of Mathematics to Our Daily Lives
Here is the importance of mathematics to our daily lives how much the study of mathematics are affected the world so positively how much we cannot do without mathematics because of its impact.
- Money can be collected in mathematics when used as a profession. All profession involved with money uses mathematics to run their daily affairs.
- Mathematics helps to develop wisdom and apply wisdom.
- Mathematics is important in a constantly evolving and brings new innovations to the world.
- Mathematics has helps to develop thinking ability.
- Mathematics helps to make the child smarter and increase that child intellectually.
- Mathematics helps explain how things work in a more comprehensive way.
- Mathematics has helped increases the speed of intuition.
- Mathematics helps to provide the child with an opportunity to get to the world.
List of Universities to Study Mathematics in Canada
We will be listing out all the universities in Canada that offers mathematics our list will also comprise of both public schools and private school and also their location.
- University of Toronto
- McGill University
- University of Ottawa (Ottawa)
- University of Alberta (Edmonton)
- University of British Columbia (Vancouver)
- University of Montreal (Montreal)
- University of Calgary (Calgary)
- University of Waterloo (Waterloo)
- University of Manitoba (Winnipeg)
- University of Regina (Regina)
- University of Windsor (Windsor)
- University of New Brunswick (Fredericton)
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology (Oshawa)
- University of Guelph (Guelph)
- University of Saskatchewan (Saskatoon)
- University of Victoria (Victoria)
- Dalhousie University (Halifax)
- Simon Fraser University (Burnaby)
- Western University (London)
- Laval University (Quebec City)
- Queen’s University (Kingston)
- Carleton University (Ottawa)
- Concordia University (Montreal)
- Lakehead University (Thunder Bay)
- St. Francis Xavier University (Antigonish)
- University of Northern British Columbia (Prince George)
- University of Lethbridge
- University of Sherbrook (Sherbrook)
- Brock University (St Catharine’s)
- Wilfrid Laurier University (Waterloo)
- Trent University (Peterborough)
- Laurentian University (Sudbury)
- University of Quebec (Trois-Rivieres)
- Saint Mary’s University (Halifax)
- University of Moncton (Moncton)
- University of New Brunswick (Saint John)
- University of Prince Edward Island (Charlottetown)
- University of the Fraser Valley (Abbotsford)
- University of Winnipeg, Winnipeg
- Acadia University (Wolfville)
- Bishop’s University (Sherbrook)
- Brandon University (Brandon)
- Campion College (Regina)
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University (Surrey)
- Macewan University (Edmonton)
- Mount Allison University (Sackville)
- Royal Military College of Canada (Kingston)
- The University of British Columbia (Okanagan, Kelowna)
- Thompson Rivers University (Kamloops)
- Trinity Western University (Langley)
Best Universities to Study Mathematics in Canada
- University Of British Columbia
- University Of Toronto
- University Of Waterloo
- McGill University
- University Of Alberta
- University Of Montreal
- McMaster University
- University Of Victoria
- Yoke University
- Carleton University
- University of British Columbia
The University of British Columbia is one of the oldest universities in the province of British Columbia. It is a public research university that was founded and established in the year 1908. It has two campuses which are the main campus in Vancouver and the other campus in Kelowna.
It is one of the top three (3) best universities in Canada having a yearly research budget of $759 million. The University of British Columbia sponsors and funds over 8,000 projects annually.
The department of mathematics in the University of British Columbia is one of the best in Canada. This department offer study programs for both undergraduate and graduate students
For more information on the University of British Columbia visit: https://www.math.ubc.ca/
- University of Toronto
The University of Toronto is one of the oldest universities in Canada which was founded and established in the year 1827. It is a public research university that is located in the great city of Toronto, the province of Ontario, Canada. It is also ranks among the top ten (10) universities in the world.
The University of Toronto has three campus system and two satellite campuses which are located in Scarborough and Mississauga. It offers over 700 undergraduate and 200 graduate programs for both international and Canadian students.
The department of mathematics at the University of Toronto has been in existence for over 150 years and has consistently provide one of the best mathematics programs for both undergraduates and graduates in North America and also has been the main training ground for most mathematicians in Canada.
For more information on the University of Toronto visit: https://www.math.toronto.edu/cms/
- Carleton University
It was first a college which was founded and established in the year 1942 then it was then charted as a university by the provincial government of Ontario in the year 1952 through the Carleton University Act. It is a public research university which is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
The Carleton University delivers a variety of academic programs and they are all organized into six faculties and more than 65 degree programs.
The department of mathematic and statistics at Carleton university happens to one of the best in Ontario, Canada.
For more information on Carleton university visit: https://carleton.ca/math/
Frequently Asked Questions
Canada has won so many awards when it comes to awards in mathematics in 2018 Canada had the highest math score among G7 countries after Japan . Canadian math scores have dropped ever since as it continuous to remain significantly higher than the OECD average over the fifteen (15)-year period.
Canada ranks 12th in the world at large when it comes to mathematics and Canada tops United States of American, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and Ireland.
Canada is an amazing place to study mathematics as it has all it takes to making you be the best in the field of mathematics. Canada has won so many awards in mathematics and also ranks in the top fifteen countries in the world to study mathematics.
You sure will have no regrets study mathematics in one of the best universities in Canada.
afterschoolafrica.com –top 10 universities in Canada to study mathematics
hotcoursesabroad.com –training degrees Canada mathematics
studentmatrix.ca -best 10 Canadian universities for mathematics
scientificworldinfo.com –what is importance of mathematics in our world today