Best Immigrant Investor Programs in Canada for 2022 and Beyond – You must have been hearing about job opportunities in Canada but you should know that it doesn’t just stop there. You can actually own a business in Canada. The country boasts of a stable economy and with the immigration policies in Canada that allows immigrants to move to Canada to contribute to the work force of the country, you will have talented workers to work in your company.
So if you are looking for a country where you can establish a business and get a great Return on Investment, then Canada is the best place for you. The country is on a quest of continuous development and boost in its economy and it has seen immigrants as a pivotal force in the development of the country and its economy so if you want to establish a business in Canada, the door to the country is wide open to you.
According to researches and studies, Canada is ranked fifth-best country in the world to invest; there are a lot of reasons you should invest in Canada aside the stable income and we will be looking at this and many more in this article.
So just relax and make sure you follow through to the end of this article as we will show you the best programs you can use as a business immigrant to move to Canada.
Why You Should Invest In Canada
Like we have hinted you on the stable economy of Canada, there are still other things you would stand to gain owning or establishing a business in the Great White North. Let’s look at some of the reasons you should invest in Canada.
- High quality of life
When you look at countries of the world that offer a better quality of life, you will certainly have to mention Canada and that is why in recent years, it has seen an influx of immigrants both workers, students and entrepreneurs. You get to enjoy a high standard of living, free healthcare and safety.
Establishing a business in Canada will mean that your business will thrive as the good life Canada offers to its citizens and permanent residents.
- Less cost and less risk
Many investors in Canada can testify about the low effective tax rate in the country and it is the lowest among all the G7 countries. The cost and risk of doing business in Canada is pretty low as it has one of the most stable government and economy and so it is safe to invest in Canada as it also has some of the safest banks in North America.
- Global market access
This is a country that can trade with many countries of the world as it has trade agreement with most of these countries and so you can easily reach out to the global market. Canada has a lot of infrastructures and facilities that will assist trade and make trading secured.
A lot of countries trust Canadian citizens and so establishing a business in Canada will make it easier for you to do business with some other countries.
- Innovative and technology
There are many tech powerhouses in Canada in some provinces like Ontario and British Columbia and this can assist you in running a successful business. With the present trend in technology, establishing a business in a place like Canada will mean that you will get to enjoy firsthand technology that will help in the growth of your business.
If you also want to run a tech business, Canada is more like the best place for you and so you know, tech companies like Apple, Sage, Ericsson, Google, Microsoft are thriving in Canada.
- Availability of talented workforce
Like we mentioned earlier, Canada has opened its borders to welcome immigrants from different countries of the world and most of its immigration programs are for foreign skilled workers and international talent that will help contribute to the growth and development of the country. Bringing these skilled workers to the country will mean that there will be competent people available to work for you and contribute their skills, experience and expertise for the growth of your business.
- Assistance from the government
The Canadian government are always ready to welcome anyone that is ready to contribute to the growth of Canada and establishing a business in Canada means that you will not only contribute to the economy nut you will also create employment opportunities in the country.
The government will definitely want to give you any assistance you would want to ensure that your business will be successful provided it is for the betterment of Canada.
How To Immigrate To Canada As A Business Immigrant
Since you have seen the reasons you should invest in Canada, you would also like to know how you could come to Canada to invest. This is why we are here, to give you the right information on how you can immigrate easily to Canada for whatever reason.
Let’s look at the best immigration programs for investors in Canada.
- The British Columbia Entrepreneur Immigration Regional Pilot
The British Columbia province is among the best places to invest in Canada and it is an environment where any business can thrive although the tech industry thrive better here as the province is known as one of the best tech hubs in Canada. The province has its own immigration nominee program through which immigrants are nominated to come into the province and contribute to the growth and development of the province.
The Entrepreneur Immigration Pilot is a stream under the BC PNP and it was initiated for immigrants entrepreneurs and it has extended been extended from March 2021 to March 2024 which means the province will be seeing more entrepreneur in coming years.
The Entrepreneur Immigration Pilot was initiated to bring new businesses to the smaller communities in the province and propel the growth and development of the province.
Applying through the business immigration program comes with some perks like lower net worth and investment to qualify and also your application processing time could be faster and easier too as the Canadian government believes you are coming to contribute to the growth and development of the country.
Let’s look at some of the participating communities in British Columbia:
- Vancouver Island
- North Coast
Let’s look at how you can qualify for the Entrepreneur Immigration Pilot. For you to qualify for the program, you will have to meet some of the requirements we will be highlighting below:
- You must have a net worth of at least $300, 000 to $400, 000
- You must have at least 3 years or more of experience as a business owner or manager, senior manager or both.
- You must invest a minimum of $100,000
- You must obtain a post-secondary credential or have experience as an active business owner or manager for at least 3 years or more
- You must have at least 51% ownership of the business
- Your business must be in the participating community
- Your business must create at least one full-time job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- You must meet the requirement of 4 in English or French
- Net worth registration verification report (if invited to apply)
- Registration scores: total of 200points (140points for self-declared section; 60points for business concept). No minimum score for business concept
How do you apply for this program?
There are six steps in applying for the program and they are:
- Determine if you are eligible to participate in the program and then identify a participating community
- Register to the BC Provincial Nomination Program (BC PNP)
- Attend an interview in Vancouver and if approved, sign a performance agreement
- Apply for work permit and include your business plan
- Submit your final report to the BC PNP (you will have 12months to do this from the date you received your work permit)
- Apply for permanent residence
Let’s look at some of the fees you are to pay and their cost:
- Registration fees = $300
- Right of permanent residency fees = $500
- Application processing fees = $3,500
- Biometrics fees = $85
- The Saskatchewan Entrepreneur Stream
Just like the one we discussed above, this is another program through which business immigrants can come to Canada. The Saskatchewan province has its own Provincial Nominee Program (Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program SINP) under which the Entrepreneur Stream falls. Through this program, nominated foreign entrepreneurs can buy or become partner with a business in Saskatchewan although it excludes businesses in the agricultural sector as there is a specific program for businesses in the agricultural sector.
Applying through this Provincial Nominee Program will hasten your processing time and your processing time could be around 12weeks.
Let’s look at how you can qualify for the Entrepreneur Stream under the SINP. For you to qualify for this program, you will have to meet the requirements we will be highlighting below:
- You must have a net worth of at least $500,000 to $700,000
- You must have at least 3 years or more of relevant experience in business management or entrepreneurship acquired in the past 10years
- You must have at least 33 and third % ownership of equity of the business or total investment of 1million CAD or more.
- Your business must be able to create two jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents in Saskatchewan
- You must invest a minimum of about $300,000 in Regina and Saskatoon or a minimum of $200,000 in all other Saskatchewan communities
- You must submit a business establishment plan
- You must be committed to daily running of business
How do you apply for the program?
Applying for the Saskatchewan Entrepreneur Stream has about four steps and they are:
- Submit an Expression of Interest to the SINP
- EOI selection and invitation to submit an application- the highest-scoring entrepreneurs will be selected based on the points grid system of the Expression of Interest
- Business Establishment- you will need to attend an arrival meeting within 18months of the date your approval letter as well as submit a Business Establishment Progress Report within 12months of arriving Saskatchewan. You will also need to meet all the requirements of the Business Performance Agreement (BPA) within two years of your temporary work permit.
- Nomination- if you are deemed eligible, you will be able to apply for a nomination to the province and if approved, you will receive a letter of nomination to apply for permanent residency.
Let’s look at some fees you are to pay and their cost:
- Right of permanent residency fees: $500
- Biometrics Fees: $90
- SINP Application processing fees: $400
- The Start-up Visa Program
This program is one of the best pathways to come to Canada and become a permanent resident as a business immigrant as you get to enjoy a lot of business opportunities under this program. This program has a major objective of helping foreign business owners, entrepreneurs and investors to establish businesses and invest in Canada.
The program is channeled at entrepreneurs with skills and potential to see how they could build a business in Canada and enhance its growth.
Let’s see how you qualify for the Start-up Visa Program and for you to qualify for this program, you will have to meet the following requirements like:
- You must hold about 10% or more of the voting rights and jointly hold more than 50% of the total voting right with a qualifying business
- You must be an active member or play an active role in the management of the business in Canada when you receive your Permanent Residency in Canada.
- Your business must be able to create jobs for Canadians
- Your business must be able to compete on a global scale
- Your business must contribute to the economic growth of Canada.
- You must meet the language requirements in Canada
How do you apply for this program?
During your application process, you will receive an application package with instruction guide and document checklist listing out everything that you will need to have during your application processing and also how you can successfully submit your application.
Let’s look at some fees you are to pay and their cost:
- Right of Permanent Residency fees: $500
- Biometrics fees: $90
- Application processing fees: $1,575
The sweet thing about these programs is that you can run the application online via the Canadian government website or go through an immigration professional that will help you handle everything about the application process.
Let’s look at some of the frequently asked questions about investing in Canada
- Which business is easy to invest in Canada?
There are a lot of businesses that are in demand in Canada and the best businesses for you to invest in Canada presently are agriculture, construction, eCommerce, finance and tech sectors.
- Is it easy to invest in Canada?
Well, the answer to the question is yes as there are various business immigration programs through which foreigners can come into Canada to buy, start or invest in a Canadian company.
You will have to make sure you meet the requirements of any program you want to go through as every immigration program in Canada has its own requirement which you must meet to qualify for the program.
- Can you invest in canada as a foreigner or non-resident?
Of course you can. Canada is looking to welcome anyone and any project that will help boost the economic growth and development of the country and it has designed one federal economic program and also 14 business streams under the Provincial Nominee Programs to help foreign investors and business owners.
Canada is the best place for you to invest as it offers you a lot of opportunities as a business owner, entrepreneurs and investors. If you are reading this part of the article, it means you must have gotten all the information we have poured out in this article.
We have also shown you different immigration programs through which you can immigrate to Canada as a business immigrant and investor. The best time to apply for immigration to Canada is now as there are a lot of business opportunities for you in Canada and the government of Canada is ready to support you as long as you are ready to contribute to the economic growth and development of the country.
So look at the eligibility requirements of the business immigration programs we have highlighted in this article and see the one you qualify for so you can start you application process as soon as possible.